Sign up | Log in



Home  >>   Daily News  >>   Thailand News  >>   Investment  >>   Tsingtao to open in Thailand
NEWS UPDATES Asean Affairs     18 October  2011

Tsingtao to open in Thailand

Tsingtao Brewery, the biggest Chinese brewer, yesterday signed a memorandum of understanding with a Thai partner to jointly invest in a 5-billion-baht factory in Samut Sakhon province.

It clears the way for the first Tsingtao brewery outside China.

Tsingtao Beer (Thailand) Co will be set up with 500 million baht in registered capital. Tsingtao will hold a 45 percent stake in the venture with the remaining 55 percent to the Namyong Group, a marine transportation and port operator.

Group president Theparak Leungsuwan said the 60-rai factory will be built in Tambon Bang Krachao of Muang district.

The construction will have three phases and 90% of the production capacity of 200,000 tonnes per year will be exported to Europe and Asia.

Of the total investment of 5 billion baht, about 1.5 billion will be spent on its first phase, which will start early next year and have a capacity of 50,000 tonnes per year. Construction of the second and third phases will begin over the next two years.

"The Thai factory will be the most important production base for exporting Tsingtao beer to Europe and Southeast Asia," Mr. Theparak said.

Tsingtao is now the world's sixth-largest brewer. It has 59 beer factories in China and its beer is exported to over 70 countries.

Thailand is attractive for Chinese investors because it has free trade agreements with many countries including Australia. Apart from the tax benefit, the cost of transportation from Thailand to Europe and Australia is a lot cheaper than exporting from China, he said.

Transportation from Thailand to Europe costs around US$500-800 per container, and only $500 per container from Thailand to Australia.

The Chinese partners also see a huge opportunity to penetrate the Asean beer market, cashing in on the Asean Economic Community scheduled to take effect in 2015.

Reach Southeast Asia!
10- Nations, 560- Million Consumers
And $1 -Trillion Market
We are the Voice of Southeast Asia Media Kit
The only Media Dedicated to Southeast Asia Advertising Rates for Magazine
  Online Ad Rates

Comment on this Article. Send them to

Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
submit your comment in the box below




1.  Verifier

1. Verifier

For security purposes, we ask that you enter the security code that is shown in the graphic. Please enter the code exactly as it is shown in the graphic.
Your Code
Enter Code

Today's  Stories    18  October  2011 Subsribe Now !
• Asia-Pacific countries meet on trade deal Subcribe: Asean Affairs Global Magazine
 Austrian firm pushes Indo hydropower Asean Affairs Premium

 Indonesia welcomes media investment

Research Reports
on Thailand 2007-2008

•Textiles and Garments Industry

•Coffee industry

•Leather and footwear industry

•Shrimp industry

Malaysian construction industry needs dynamism
Philippines overseas remittances increase
 Floods to impact Thai corporate earnings
 Tsingtao to open in Thailand

 Business confidence up in Vietnam


Asean Analysis              18  October  2011

Advertise Your Brand
• Japan may hold key to TPP trade deal Sponsor Our Events

Asean Stock Watch      18  October  2011

• Asean Stock Watch-October 18 p

ASEAN NEWS UPDATES      Updated: 04 January 2011

 • Women Shariah scholars see gender gap closing
• Bank Indonesia may hold key rate as inflation hits 7 percent

• Bursa Malaysia to revamp business rules
• Private property prices hit new high in Singapore • Bangkok moves on mass transport
• Thai retailers are upbeat
• Rice exports likely to decline
• Vietnamese PM projects 10-year socioeconomic plan


This year in Thailand-what next?

AseanAffairs   04 January 2011
By David Swartzentruber      

It is commonplace in journalism to write two types of articles at the transition point between the year that has passed and the New Year. As this writer qualifies as an “old hand” in observing Thailand with a track record dating back 14 years, it is time take a shot at what may unfold in Thailand in 2011.

The first issue that can’t be answered is the health of Thailand’s beloved King Bhumibol, who is now 83 years old. He is the world's longest reigning monarch, but elaborate birthday celebrations in December failed to mask concern over his health. More


Home | About Us | Contact Us | Special Feature | Features | News | Magazine | Events | TV | Press Release | Advertise With us

Our Products | Work with us | Terms of Use | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Shipping/Delivery Policy | DISCLAIMER |

Version 5.0
Copyright © 2007-2015 TIME INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT ENTERPRISES CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
Bangkok, Thailand