ASEAN KEY DESTINATIONS
Thai bourse market report for May 2016
- SET Index rose to 5-month high at 1,424.28 points, up 10.6 pct from
- Average daily securities trading value rose 3 pct m-o-m to THB 45 bln.
- Market cap at THB 13.9 trillion, up 10.2 pct from end-2015
- Foreign investors bought shares worth a net THB 17.5 bln in the first 5
- Average derivatives trading jumped by 7.36 pct from 2015 to 208,054
contracts per day.
BANGKOK, June 13, 2016 - The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) Index, with upbeat results, was on the rise in May and recorded its highest level of 2016 at
1,424.28 on May 31, underpinned by the first-quarter GDP hitting a three-year high at 3.2 percent, beating market expectation of 2.8 percent, world oil prices
hitting USD 50 a barrel for the first time in seven months and improved performance of Thai listed firms while two Thai stocks being added to Global
MSCI Index. Consequently, foreign investors bought net in Thai stocks in May at THB 4.8 billion.
At the end of May, the combined market capitalization of SET and Market for Alternative Investment (mai) was at THB 13.9 trillion (USD 391.60 billion), a
10.2 percent increase from the end of last year. The average daily trading value of SET and mai in May was THB 45.00 billion, a 3 percent increase m-o-m.
Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
submit your comment in the box below