Bayer: Science For A Better Life
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care, nutrition and high-tech materials. The company’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, Bayer creates value through innovation, growth and improved earning power. Bayer is represented around the world by 316 companies. Global headquarters are in Leverkusen, Germany.
Bayer Thai Company Limited
Established in 1962, Bayer Thai Company Limited was, has two production sites in the Kingdom. The bigger plant, located in Map Ta Phut Industrial Estate, Rayong Province, produces polycarbonates on a worldwide scale, exporting mostly into the Asia-Pacific region. The other plant in Bangpoo Industrial Estate produces environmental science, crop protection and animal health products. It also operates the new BaySystems Asean to provide ready-to-use polyurethane systems for the manufacture of heat insulating foams in construction, refrigeration and hot water sectors, as well as special applications in the automotive, footwear and sports equipment manufacturers. The new integrated site serves customers in Southeast Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand. Permanently trained marketing, sales and service teams enable Bayer Thai to offer innovative tailor-made solutions to its customers. The company had 1,227 employees (as of December 31, 2008).
130/1 North Sathon Road, Silom, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
Registered Capital 7,442 million baht
Corporate Social Responsibility
• Under the Bayer Young Environmental Envoy project and in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), selected students from 18 countries around the world go to Bayer’s headquarters in Leverkusen, Germany on a week long study tour to experience how environmental protection is practiced by people, government and industry. The project is aimed to educate the youth in the global effort to protect and save the environment.
• Two students of various disciplines participate in Eco-Minds, a regional youth forum in partnership with UNEP held every two years. Young students across the Asia-Pacific brought together to address the challenges of Sustainable Development through practical uses of science and technology in an interdisciplinary way.
• Support the International Children’s Painting Competition on the Environment in partnership with UNEP for children to express their fears and hopes about the environment on World Environment Day celebration.
• Co-sponsor with Goethe-Institute on “Science Film Festival” to acknowledge the importance of science and technology for future development.
• Support the “Risk Management for Handling of Hazardous Materials for Small-Medium Enterprises (SME)” organized by the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand, in cooperation with the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (GTZ).
• Support the Bangrak Loves Chao Phraya River project organized by Bangrak District Office. Bayer employees lent a helping hand in cleaning Chao Phraya River and releasing 80,000 fish into the river.
• Support the National Innovation Agency (NIA) under the Ministry of Science and Technology by sponsorship for “National Innovation Awards” since 2004. The awards aim to strengthen the national innovative culture and raise awareness in innovation among industry and the public sectors.
• Be a member of Thailand Business Council for Sustainable Development (TBCSD) which is spearheading the initiatives in promoting corporate social responsibility in the country and in the development of the national sustainable development strategy in cooperation with the National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB). ....
...to Read the Complete Article Subscribe to ASEANAFFAIRS Magazine