ASEAN KEY DESTINATIONS
Thai bourse market report for September and Q3/2015
- Average daily securities trading value dropped 24.35 pct q-o-q to THB 41.15 billion
- Derivatives average daily trading rose 25.3 pct q-o-q to 213,999 contracts per day
- Foreign investors sold a net THB 91.62 billion in Q3
BANGKOK, October 15, 2015 –The Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) main index ended September at 1,349, a 2.4 percent drop from end of August, or 9.9 percent decrease from end-2014, in line with other markets in the Asian region However, the SET index’s fall was less than MSCI Asia ex Japan Index and MSCI Emerging Markets Index.
The combined market capitalization of the SET’s main board and Market for Alternative Investment (mai) was at THB 13.11 trillion (USD 364 billion) at the end of September, a 7.95 percent drop from end-2014. The combined average daily securities trading value of the SET’s main board and mai in Quarter3 dropped 24.35 percent compared the same period last year to THB 41.15 billion (USD 1.14 billion).
The derivatives average daily trading volume in Quarter3/2015 rose 10.7 percent year-on-year to 213,999 contracts.
- Market capitalization of SET was at THB 12.76 trillion (USD 354.4 billion) at the end of September, a 7.9 percent drop from end-2014, while market valuation of mai was at THB 346.3 billion (USD 9.6 billion), down 9.6 percent from the end of 2014.
- Forward P/E ratio for SET was at 14.58 times, while mai's was at 27.93 times.
- Dividend yield for SET was 3.33 percent, while mai's was 1.22 percent.
- The combined average daily securities trading value of SET and mai in Q3/2015 dropped 24.35 percent from Q3/2014 (q-o-q) to THB 41.15 billion, but trading in the first nine months rose 8.21 percent to an average of THB 45.42 billion compared to the same period a year earlier.
- In the third quarter of 2015, foreign investors were net sellers in the equity market, worth a net THB 91.62 billion (USD 2.6 billion), while their net selling in September was worth a net THB 21.03 billion (584 million).
- Listed companies on SET and mai raised funds through equity worth a combined THB 54.2 billion (USD 1.5 billion) in Q3/2015, of which THB 26.7 billion was raised from initial public offerings and THB 27.5 billion from the secondary market. Total fundraising in the first nine months of this year was at THB 214.1 billion, a 22.9 percent jump from the same period of 2014.
- In Q3/2015, derivatives average daily trading volume rose 25.3 percent from Q2/2015 to an average of 213,999 contracts per day, mainly stemming from the increase in SET50 Index futures.
- In September 2015, the derivatives average daily trading volume rose 6.6 percent from August to an average of 228,574 contracts per day.
Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
submit your comment in the box below