ASEAN KEY DESTINATIONS
Palace Hotel Tokyo Couples Stay Package to Earthquake Relief Art Exhibit
TOKYO (July 30, 2013) — While the Palace Hotel Tokyo hosts an art exhibit Aug. 7 - 16 to support recovery from the Great East Japan Earthquake, the hotel is offering a package that will be available over the same dates.
The package includes:
• Admission to the 2013 Entertainment Art Exhibition
• Exhibition souvenir book
• ‘The Art of Palace Hotel Tokyo’ book
• Daily buffet breakfast
• Complimentary swimming pool access
The exhibit has been curated by the Japan Association of International Cultural Heritage and showcases paintings, calligraphy and other original works created by 100 notable figures from the world of entertainment and culture.
With as many as 175 works on display, this 15th-year anniversary of the exhibition marks one of the largest in its history.
As a special addition, this year’s display also features a collection of works on loan from the Nelson Mandela Foundation, which includes personally autographed texts and other writings by the former South African president.
Some of the more prominent items on display include:
• An original Japanese water color painting, and calligraphy painting, by Japan’s Prime Minister Abe
• The Freedom Charter that Nelson Mandela wrote on the wall of his cell during his 27-year imprisonment
• Art by well-known Japanese manga (anime) artist Leiji Matsumoto (Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999)
• Art by Dewi Soekarno, wife of the late Indonesian President Soekarno
Rates start at JPY 41,000 (USD 416) per night for single occupancy, JPY 44,000 (USD 446) for double occupancy.
For more information on the 2013 Entertainment Art Exhibition, see the exhibit brochure here. For more information on the hotel package itself, see the hotel’s Web site here.
Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
submit your comment in the box below