ASEAN KEY DESTINATIONS
GreenPort Cruise and Congress 2016 – Venice Port Authority to host.
The 4th GreenPort Cruise Conference and 11th GreenPort Congress will be hosted by Venice Port Authority (VPA) from 11-14 October 2016 at the Marittima Passenger Terminal. Over the last 15 years
VPA has been carrying out a series of concrete green actions such as the restoration of the Venetian
port waterfront, a massive remediation campaign of more than 110 hectares of land and water, the use of alternative energies and LNG. This makes Venice not only a beautiful setting for the Autumn
Conference, but also a very fitting one.
Prof. Paolo Costa, President of Venice Port Authority has written an open letter to port professionals in which he looks forward to welcoming delegates to Venice in October. You can read the full letter here.
GreenPort Cruise, now in its 4
environmental aspects of the cruise ship industry. The one-day conference will look at the Port-City working together to promote environmental benefits to cruise lines and cruise tourism, plus suggest
solutions from around the world as to how to deal with it cruise ship waste. Topics will include:
- Operators’ feedback on using LNG vs Scrubbers vs OPS and the safety implications for ports serving LNG fuelled ships
- Port-City connections, what are the most environmentally friendly options – buses, water taxis/buses
- Port-City working together to promote environmental benefits to cruise lines/tourism th year, will take place on 11 October and is aimed at anyone involved in
- Dealing with larger ships in the port and with waste
- Sharing best practices in the Cruise Port, e.g. for passenger flow influx
- Renewable energy in ports: solutions adopted by ports around the world for example covering car parking lots with solar panels
The 11th GreenPort Congress will then take place between the 12-14 October. The emphasis of the Congress will be on bringing the port community together to discuss the environmental issues and
practical solutions surrounding the global logistics chain. This is a must attend event for anyone
involved in environmental aspects of maritime ports and terminal in particular: environmental
managers and planners, harbour masters, logistics managers, energy managers, sustainability and
corporate social responsibility executives from ports, terminal operators, shipping lines, shippers and logistics companies. Topics will include:
- Alternative fuels for port infrastructure and maritime transport
- Reducing the carbon footprint of the logistics chain through joint ventures between ports, terminal operators and members of the port community
- Port Expansion to deal with Ultra Large Container Vessels and Mega Cargoes: dredging and alternatives
- Port Reception Facilities/Dust/Noise/Air emissions
- The Circular Economy
- Industrial symbiosis
- Remediation in the port area
- Alternative and renewable energy in ports
A Welcome Reception, Gala Dinner and Port Tour, all hosted by Venice Port Authority, will be included in the GreenPort Congress delegate fee, whilst Cruise attendees will be invited to the
Welcome Reception. Delegates can currently save 20% with the early bird rate when using the code ‘early’ – online booking is now open: http://www.greenport.com/congress/e-commerce
Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
submit your comment in the box below