LAOS IS SELECTED AS WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2013
European Council on Tourism and Trade decided, unanimously, to award WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2013 TITLE TO LAO PEOPLE`S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to declare LAO PEOPLE`S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC -FAVORITE CULTURAL DESTINATIONS in 2013.
(TRAVPR.COM) ROMANIA - May 3rd, 2013 - On 26th of April 2013 in a public s?ance of the European Council on Tourism and Trade, gathering representatives of tourism organizations from European continent has debated the list of candidates for WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION for 2013.
Professor Dr. Mircea Constantinescu, Director of Tourism Academy had presented a report on the last year situation of the Award for WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION that was dedicated to Trinidad and Tobago and it was used accordingly with rules and regulations and have being proving highly efficient in attracting new tourists and investor`s. In 2012 Trinidad and Tobago had reverse the downward spiral in number of tourists and revenues provided by tourism and was the ONLY country in the Caribbean region that registered an increase in number of visitors despite economic crisis.
Increase in investment, increase in tourism potential and number of foreign visitors was the positive outcome of WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION AWARD for Trinidad and Tobago concluded professor dr. Mircea Constantinescu.
On the debate for WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION AWARD FOR 2013 professor dr. Anton Caragea, President of European Union Council on Tourism and Trade (ECTT) presented the report titled: LAOS: A TOURISTIC AND CULTURAL PARADISE proposing LAOS as the winner of WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2013.
Among the reasons for awarding WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2013 to LAOS the report outlined:
- Promoting a new concept of community based tourism, friendly to nature, with low ecological impact and preservation of natural biodiversity and protection of endangered species and areas, especially rainforest eco-climate.
Community based ecotourism is a way to share revenues and income, to support rural communities in prospering and presenting their foodstuff and handicrafts to the world and to make the base for an economic local development. Sharing tourism benefits to all the population, offering a social tourism it is a lesson that Lao is offering to the world.
- Offering to tourists not only a historical and outstanding cultural experience but also the possibility to explore nature , to contribute to ecological preservation and the opportunity to visit extraordinary space such as: Nam Ngum reservoir , Bolaven plateau, Mekong river islands , Mekong river boat trip , Tad Kouangsi waterfall , the cave of de Ting . All this are model of achievements in ecological and green tourism that must be world recognized.
- The continuous development and protection of cultural and historical patrimony of Peoples Democratic Republic of LAO, the transformation of Vientiane in a historical and spiritual center offering to the visitor a glimpse into rich culture and heritage of peoples of Lao.
- - The preservation of an outstanding historical and cultural patrimony that comprises wonderful sites such as: Wat Phu- a UNESCO World Heritage Site from 12th century, the remarkable site from Plain of Jars, offering an insight into Neolithic civilization and a rare window into traditions of centuries.
- Today, Lao is offering an open air museum, a rare collection of historical and archeological treasures that educate and enrich the world.
- - The preservation of religious sites of world significance and value such as: Wat Xieng Thong, one of the most important of world Buddhism monasteries and remains a significant place for the spirit of religion and traditional art. Other sites that must be mentioned such as: Wat Phu (UNESCO heritage site) and Champasak Cultural Landscape (under UNESCO recognition).
- Keeping alive spiritual tradition, integrating tourist`s and visitors in the atmosphere of the Lao people, offering possibility for an enriching cultural experience, are all achievements that transform Peoples Democratic Republic of LAO in a spiritual destination of first hand.
After hearing the report, Senator Ionel Agrigoroaiei, from Romanian Parliamentary and Director in European Council on Tourism and Trade had express the feeling’s of all present at the gathering declaring that: LAOS is a strong candidate, with a perfect record of promoting clean, ecological and social oriented tourism and that only a unanimity vote in favor of LAOS could express the European tourism and economic community decisive action in favor of such a world model.
Mr. Mark Doda, representing Balkan countries at the meeting had also stated the desire of peoples of South-East Europe to support a new model of tourism in the present economic climate, a community based tourism on Laos example.
In the end of the debate European Council on Tourism and Trade decided, unanimously, to award WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION FOR 2013 TITLE TO LAO PEOPLE`S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to declare LAO PEOPLE`S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC -FAVORITE CULTURAL DESTINATIONS in 2013.
It was also presented the Official Invitation, on behalf of Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism of LAO for a delegation of European high ranking official of European Council on Tourism and Trade, to present the WORLD BEST TOURIST DESTINATION AWARD in Vientiane, in person, to His Excellency Minister of Tourism Professor dr. BOSENGKHAM VONGDARA.
Awarding the highest tourism distinction of European Council on Tourism and Trade, accepting the invitation for an working visit of high ranking members of European Council on Tourism and Trade in LAOS, are estimated all tourism experts as a good example of close tourism relations and mutual consensus between Europe and Laos, said at the end of the meeting Professor Anton Caragea, President of European Council on Tourism and Trade.