Google

ASEANAFFAIRS
Sign up | Log in

    ASEAN PROFILES

  ASEAN KEY DESTINATIONS

Home  >>   Daily News  >>   Brunei News  >>   Food&Beverage  >>   Marketing push for Brunei Halal
NEWS UPDATES 5 July 2010

Marketing push for Brunei Halal

Related Stories
October 18, 2009
Brunei to showcase halal brand at Asean food meet

June 15, 2009
Nestlé sees opportunities, boosts investments in Southeast Asia

The marketing drive for the Brunei Halal Brand is set to hot up ahead of the Hari Raya celebrations as hampers go on sale this month at The Mall, according to The Brunei Times.

Noel Shield, interim chief executive of Ghanim International Food Corporation Sdn Bhd, said the hampers are set to go on sale in mid-July.

Ghanim was appointed by His Majesty's Government to handle and manage the marketing of Brunei's premium halal brand which takes advantage of the country's reputation in selling goods to growing Muslim markets

Ghanim will set up a booth at The Mall that would handle sales of the hampers, Shield said.

When asked what else Ghanim would be doing to promote the hampers in the lead up to Hari Raya, he said the company would also be looking at increasing advertising placements particularly in August as most people tend to wait till the last weeks of Ramadhan to finalise orders for Hari Raya.

The hampers will also be available for order through the Ghanim headquarters, he said. He added that a dedicated website, accessible via the Ministry of Industry and Primary Resources website, is due to go up soon, and orders for the hampers can be processed online.

Shield said there will be a range of products, mostly "comfort foods", such as confectioneries, cookies, nuts, and instant noodles which are included in the hampers.

Brunei Halal products have been slated for national distribution at the end of the Hari Raya festivities.

A Ghanim International representative said that there would be about 55 items to be arranged into the hampers.

The prices are currently set at $85, $125 and $180, he said, adding that Ghanim was looking at introducing a $55 hamper to the range, to be confirmed later.

"We looked at what was available from the different (sources)," said Shield of the pricing strategy, adding that it was "for everybody".

The products are currently being shipped into the nation, with 90 percent of the hamper items coming from producers overseas, and the other 10 percent produced locally.


Reach Southeast Asia!
10- Nations, 560- Million Consumers
And $1 -Trillion Market
We are the Voice of Southeast Asia Media Kit
The only Media Dedicated to Southeast Asia Advertising Rates for Magazine
  Online Ad Rates
Contact: marketing@aseanaffairs.com

Comment on this Article. Send them to  your.views@aseanaffairs.com

Letters that do not contain full contact information cannot be published.
Letters become the property of AseanAffairs and may be republished in any format.
They typically run 150 words or less and may be edited
 
or
submit your comment in the box below
Name

Name


Email

Email



1.  Verifier

1. Verifier

For security purposes, we ask that you enter the security code that is shown in the graphic. Please enter the code exactly as it is shown in the graphic.
Your Code
Enter Code

Home | About Us | Contact Us | Special Feature | Features | News | Magazine | Events | TV | Press Release | Advertise With us

| Terms of Use | Site Map | Privacy Policy  | DISCLAIMER |

Version 5.0
Copyright © 2006-2017 TIME INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT ENTERPRISES CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
Bangkok, Thailand
asean@aseanaffairs.com